Saturday, July 14, 2012

Happy 9th Birthday Jaicie!!!!

Jaicie Christina Clayton
Born: July 14, 2003 @ 8:17 pm
7# 15oz. 20 inches long

Jaicie's arrival was possibly me easiest of the three so far.  I had been contracting for a few weeks.  I went to the doctor expecting the same old news.  I was already 3 cm the week before.  I was 39 weeks that day.  The doctor checked me and asked me why I wasn't in labor.  I was dilated to nearly 5cm, 80% effaced and as she said- my bag of fluids was bulging.  She sent me straight to the hospital.  I was instructed not to run home, not to stop for food, not to do anything, but drive the mile to the hospital and report to labor and delivery. 

My appointment was at 3.  It was the first time that I was seen on time,  by 3:15 Justin and I were in the car on the way to the hospital.  We conveniently kept the hospital bag in the car with us.  So we were all ready to go.  We arrived at the hospital in labor and delivery and 3:30.  We were put into a. Triage room to wait while our room was cleaned and by 4 we were being taken back to our room.  At about 5 they broke my water and started petossin.  By about 7 I was complete.  My doctor was delivering another baby and so I was told not to push.  She made it. In the room, I pushed about 3 times and Jaicie was born at 8:17.  It was a very fast delivery.  One which I was very great full for the availability of modern day medicine.  My epidural worked perfectly.  Once it was time to push, the meds were wearing off enough that I could feel that I was pushing but not that I was in pain.  She came out weighing 7 lbs 15 oz and was 20 inches long.

Jaicie came out with a great cone head.  She was beautiful and happy.  I got to hold her and she was such a sweet baby.  We didn't get to keep her in the room with us long.  Her temperature was low and so they took her to the nursery to a warming bed.  She got a nice bath.  Had a good cry and fell fast asleep.  Once I had a room to go to in recovery, I was moved via wheel chair to the room and they brought Jaicie to me very soon after. 

Becoming a mom for the first time was a miracle.  As it has been with every additional child.  Jaicie was immediately part of us.  As soon as we had her it was like she had always been with us.  I couldn't have imagined even the next day not having her with us.  

Now she is turning 9 and I still cannot believe it.  I still can't believe that there as life before she joined us.  I was 22 when she was born and Justin and I had been married for 13 months, but she so immediately was a part of everything in our lives.  I treasure my little girl, who is scaring us with how much she is growing up.  She has this spunk about her.  She is a brilliant girl and a great artist.  She loves to write, to read, to draw and to design.  In the past year she has read the entire 13 book Series of Unfortunate Events collection, the Percy Jackson series, and just recently finished the Harry Potter Series, with many other books interspersed between. 

I couldn't say how much she means to me.  I am very pleased with who she is and has she is growing/learning.  Despite our difficult times, I love her more than I could say.
So Jaicie-- Happy Birthday. I love you! And I am so happy you are my daughter.  Have a wonderful day!!

No comments: