Friday, August 19, 2011

First Day of School

Today ended what was a slightly LONG summer.  I loved having my kids home with me all summer, but lets just say there is a reason I didn't choose to home school. I am glad that it isn't something forced upon me. We had a great summer did a lot of fun stuff and hung out with good friends. But we were ALL glad for school to start this year.

The things is, Jaicie and I have extremely similar temperaments and personalities. We tend to react the same way to things. You know when you are little and your parents (or older brothers) tell you that they hope one day when you have kids your children are JUST LIKE YOU...well yeah, I am living that with Jaicie. School is a good thing for both of us!


Anyway, the girls were so super excited to go back to school today. Felicity is full day now and she loves the idea of it. She started first grade today and thinks the world is good. It is still hard to believe that my little girl is in first grade. She is erally hoping to be able to learn to read really well this year.

Jaicie is starting 3rd grade. She was fortunate to get a good mixture of her friends in her class this year. She is really excited to make new friends and to enjoy a new year. This morning she wrote a letter to her teacher to tell her how excited she is.

It is going to be a great year. I am so excited to watch what this year brings. Collin and I will have some just me and him time this year. Which is something that he and I have never really gotten to enjoy much. It will be fun to spend some time one on one this year.

Here's to a great year! :)

Here are some more of the great pictures we took today!

No comments: