Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Quality of Mercy

After a heroic battle with Hepatitis C, Paul Algene Clayton II passed away at 2130 Pacific Time on January 9, 2012. He was my father, my cheerleader, my teacher, my confidant, my friend. I can truly say he fought the good fight. Paul is survived by his wife and my saint of a mother, Maureen Benson Clayton, and his six sons, each of whom I consider a great friend: Paul Benson Clayton, Jeffrey Taft Clayton, Shane William Clayton, Justin Benson Clayton (me), Brett Benson Clayton, and Phillip Benson Clayton. The world was a richer place with him in it, and Heaven is now blessed to have him there. I will miss you, but I am so happy and grateful for your release from a tired body, and for your progression to life's next great step.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I'm so sorry. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.