Sunday, September 5, 2010

Jaicie's First day of 2nd Grade

Jaicie started 2nd grade this past month. I am really behind posting these, but here are some pictures of Jaicie on her first day of 2nd grade!  It was a great day for her. She loves her class and her teacher. She really enjoys the time she has at school. She is doing such a GREAT job in school. I found out this past week that Jaicie is reading at a grade level of 5.2.  That would be where she should be reading the 2nd month of 5th grade. It is a little overwhelming for me. This week, she started reading Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief. She is really enjoying it. I have worked with her to get to remember to ask questions when she doesn't understand something. She is doing so well though. She has read it for about 3 days now and seems to really like the story. I am going to borrow a couple of the wizard of Oz books from my brother and get her started on those next. It is a challenge, because they always say make sure they are reading close to their reading level so that it keeps them learning. But at the same time, I don't always think she is ready for the content of books in 5th grade. But she is doing well. 

I am very proud/pleased with all she has done. She works so hard at everything she does. I want her to know how much I love her and that I hope that she always works hard for what she wants in life. 

Here are some pics!


No comments: